To support BroadForward’s growing business we are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team in the Netherlands. Are you an experienced C developer? Have experience with Kubernetes and Docker? Like to learn new technology and work on 5G? Then BroadForward is the place to be!
GSMA Best Mobile & Network Software Breakthroughaward winner BroadForward is a young, fast growing and internationally recognized provider of global (mobile) telecommunications software solutions. We are the leading expert in intelligent signaling solutions for mobile networks providing the world’s most advanced software for routing, interworking, security and number portability for 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, Fixed, Wi-Fi and M2M / IoT networks. At BroadForward we are proud of our open culture, informal atmosphere, flat organization structure and short communication lines. In our team we work together to achieve maximum agility and flexibility, together with high standards in quality and professionalism.
How our software engineer will make an impact
- Design, develop, and enhance our high-performance, multi-threaded, real-time software solution based on Linux.
- Analyze system requirements and technical specifications to develop software designs that meet performance, scalability, and reliability targets.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using appropriate programming languages, tools, and frameworks. Debug and resolve software defects to ensure software quality.
- Continuously identifying potential performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations to improve software performance, responsiveness, and efficiency.
- Implement real-time data processing and communication mechanisms to ensure timely and accurate delivery of telecommunications services.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, architects, and testers, to ensure seamless integration of software components and alignment with project goals.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, unit testing, and integration testing activities to ensure software reliability, robustness, and compliance with industry standards.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies, trends, and best practices in software development for telecommunications. Propose and
- implement innovative approaches to enhance software quality, performance, and efficiency.
- Investigate and resolve software-related issues reported by customers or internal teams. Provide technical support and guidance as needed.
- Integrate our product suite with cloud environments and associated operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) tools.
- Experienced C developer in a Unix/Linux environment, with experience building software products (start to finish), preferably for the mobile core
- Experience in designing software products for running as virtual or containerized network function (VNF/CNF)
- BS degree in Telecoms, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on technical experience in the following technical areas:
C programming language in a Linux (RedHat) or other Unix OS environmentDocker and Kubernetes (image building, template design, orchestration)No-SQL DB tools such as Couchbase, MongoDB, etc.High availability solutionsLinux administration experience (RedHat/CentOS/RockyLinux)Network protocols (TCP/IP, and one or more of Diameter, HTTP, SIP, etc.) incl. analyzing network traces (Wireshark)Real-time software developmentPerformance analysisNetwork protocol programming (sockets, stack development)Unix scripting languages (shell, perl, …)Unix package building (rpm)
- Bonus: Expertise in next generation IP networking, especially in solutions architecture in the Telecom domain
- Bonus: Knowledge of Telecom network architectures, components, protocols and their usage
- Bonus: 3GPP and IETF protocol standards
- Bonus: SNMP and Network Management Systems
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Able to read, write and speak English, including technical terminology
- Self-starter, pro-active, able to take initiative and to work independently
- This role is located in the Netherlands. Please note that only applicants with a valid legal working visa will be considered for this position.
At BroadForward you have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of market leading software products for international 4G and 5G networks, in an innovative and creative work environment. We offer the following:
- Learning & development budget per employee
- Referral bonus on company vacancies
- Profit sharing scheme
- Attractive pension scheme, including extra insurances
- 27 holidays annually (FTE)
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid working model
- Office with free & plentiful parking
- Regular social events with the team
Soort dienstverband: Fulltime, Vaste baan
- Werk vanuit huis
- Hybride werken