WhiteSpace aims to help our clients radically improve their ability to navigate complex decisions. We do so by developing AI-powered custom-built apps that enable better and faster decision-making. Our use cases cover complex decisions across an ever-increasing spectrum, from the energy sector to manufacturing, and from logistics to health.
We are a fast-growing scale-up driven by an international and diverse team. Like all great teams, we seek to include only the best and value collaboration, integrity, excellence, and respect.
What we consider special about us is how much we:
- Focus on delivery and pushing boundaries
- Deeply believe in building trust over imposing protocol
- Hold that frequent candid feedback is key to personal and professional growth
Our mission is to radically improve complex decision-making at scale. To support that mission we build custom digital solutions.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will help drive the quality of these solutions and are responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend code to support our clients.
You are pragmatic, get things done, and can improvise.
You will report to the WhiteSpace managing partners.
- Lead code reviews for the team
- Maintain technical standards to improve the robustness of our digital solutions
- Act as a technical coach to our developers
- Coach developers on adherence to producing quality solutions, testing, and documentation processes
- Develop and implement a comprehensive testing plan
- Develop and implement a software improvement plan to improve the quality of our digital solutions
- Continuously improve the quality and robustness of digital solutions through iterative development, adequate testing, and documentation
- Collaborate cross-functionally alongside other engineers to ensure consistent delivery
- Strong technical skills; this includes
- at least 10 yrs experience in software development
- demonstrable experience with our stack: Python, FastAPI, Docker, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes
- strong familiarity with best practices around logging, and monitoring
- experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- experience with cloud development, GCP preferred
- Strong project management skills; this includes
- experience with working in fast-growing scale-up and managing the associated transition in terms of software / product development
- being capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- proven experience working in a fast-paced software development environment
terms & location
This is a permanent staff position, based in The Netherlands