The BU Legal Contracts & Compliance Manager oversees all activities to ensure sales compliance across the different Product Areas within Trelleborg FHS. He/She works in close working relationship with Trelleborg Group Legal Department. He/She is responsible for the Agents / Distributors approval & documentation management. He/She is responsible for reviewing and negotiating commercial terms and conditions of customer / supplier / agent / distributor contracts. He/She overseas all GDPR compliance activities for the Business Unit, in relationship with Group Privacy department.
- Reviewing & negotiating contracts and tenders particularly on commercial T&C’s including supportive documents – advance payment/bank guarantees.
- Evaluating risk exposure and limits of liability in conjunction with relevant insurance policies in place versus financial returns on offer in context of wider Trelleborg Group corporate governance.
- Advise senior management on contractual rights and commitments and provide interpretation and guidance on contract terms and conditions; sharing of best practices.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders for fact-finding and negotiation purposes.
- Attending meeting with clients as and when required on commercial negotiations.
- Liaising with Trelleborg’s Group Legal Department to follow internal guidelines upon entering into contracts.
- Supporting upon decision making in accordance with internal Delegation of Authority.
- Maintaining systems for filing contracts/drafts.
- Overseeing the contract legal review process across the BU, working with Group Legal to ensure best practice and consistency.
- Monitoring progress of global contract initiatives, contract audits, and contract implementation.
- Responsible for setting up, monitoring and managing agreements with Sales Agents and Distributors in accordance with internal requirements and Group Policies. Keep track and register all agency agreements, including renewal dates. Insure where possible alignment of Sales agents across the different Product Areas and if possible the different Business Units.
- Assist Group Legal Department with the development and maintenance of contract templates, training and communications materials.
- Assisting with the resolution of claim and warranty issues.
- Any other commercial tasks as directed by Group Legal or the BU Leadership from time to time.
- Coordinating all activities to ensure GDPR compliance according to Group Privacy requirements.
- Liaising with Group Privacy to continuously improve and maintain global compliance to GDPR regulation. Interacting with local HR from FHS locations to meet GDPR requirements.
Qualified lawyer, with 2-5 years experience, or an experienced contracts/commercial manager with extensive experience. Experience of successfully working on complex contractual proposals in different jurisdictions and geographical areas.
Experience of building strong relationships and successfully negotiating with customers, partners and key subcontractors.
Working knowledge of contract and commercial law principles and track record of successful involvement in business decisions and ability to positively influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Ability to work effectively (multi-tasking) under pressure in a fast paced, complex environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Ability to review/draft various commercial contracts.
- Thorough attention to detail combined with technical contractual drafting skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, with initiative to seek guidance as necessary
Team work, Flexible but systematic, Good communicator, Organized, Agile and fast
Key interfaces with BU Leadership, Regional Sales Managers, Group Legal, Customers, Distributors.
Global role so travel is required in line with BU requirements (up to 20%).
Preferably based in Lyon, France.