Open position: Algorithm Developer
At White Space, we develop AI-powered custom-built apps to enable better and faster decision-making for our global client base. Our use cases cover applications in the energy sector and beyond, including portfolio planning, logistics planning, well planning, solar planning, resource planning, and more.
We are a fast-growing scale-up driven by an international and diverse team.
Like all great teams, we seek to include only the best and value collaboration, integrity, excellence, and respect.
What we consider special about us is how much we:
- Focus on delivery and pushing boundaries
- Deeply believe in building trust over imposing protocol
- Hold that frequent candid feedback is key to personal and professional growth Position summary
As an algorithm developer, you enjoy solving real-world complex problems with code. You are accountable for the design, development, and integration of algorithms that form the foundation of our custom-built full-stack solutions. You get things done, can improvise, and enjoy teaming up with like-minded individuals.
- Design, implement and evaluate bespoke (machine learning) algorithms to address client needs, including Genetic Algorithms, Tree Search Algorithms, Operations research, Deep Reinforcement Learning, and more
- Perform fast prototyping and validation of novel algorithmic ideas to stimulate algorithmic advancements
- Stay up to date with relevant research to safeguard our algorithmic foundation
- Present the outcomes of your activities during progress meetings and through high-quality documentation
- Promote good coding practices by example and bring legacy code to the next level in terms of functionality, efficiency, and reusability
- Collaborate cross-functionally alongside other engineers to ensure consistent deliveryRequirements
- Strong technical skills; this includes
- PhD or MSc in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- Demonstrable experience with object-oriented programming, preferably Python
- Experience with modeling, simulation, or algorithm development is a plusTerms & location
This is a permanent staff position, based in The Netherlands